Creating a VirtualBox Virtual Machine from a Magnus Box Disk Image Backup
- This backup method requires VirtualBox v6.x if MS Hyper-V is running simultaneously, otherwise earlier versions will work.
Perform restore in Magnus Box to create VMDK disk files
- Note: The restored files will be the same size as the original disk size, so ensure you have enough space in your restore location.
- Produces files as shown below
Open VirtualBox and create a new virtual machine
- Select ‘New’ on main screen of VirtualBox as shown below
- Allocate RAM and virtual hard disk space. Use your own preferences for system requirements
Add hard disk
- Open VirtualBox Settings as shown below
- SATA Controller
- Add Hard Disk
- Select the 1 KB “disk.vmdk” file restored earlier (as shown below)
Finalize configuration and Start
- Finalize CPU, RAM, etc.
- Start the VM