Magnus Box uploads files to the Magnus Box storage network over the internet. Occasionally, you may see errors such as the following:
Couldn't save data chunk:
HTTP/1.x transport connection broken
net/http: request canceled (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
dial tcp: lookup [...]: no such host
connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Magnus Box retries the upload several times but eventually gives up. After a failed data chunk upload, you may see several more messages of the form
Couldn't save data chunk: context canceled while Magnus Box terminates the other upload threads.
Network errors have many possible causes:
- Customer's PC
- Customer's network
- Customer's ISP
- Internet-wide outages between customer's ISP and your ISP
- Your ISP
- Your network
- Magnus Box outage
To troubleshoot these issues, please check:
- Does the backup succeed if it is retried?
- Many network errors are temporary and will only occur rarely. In addition, a repeated second backup job will often run faster because many of the existing data chunks have already been uploaded. (Any unused data chunks in the Storage Vault will be automatically cleaned up by the next retention pass.)
- Does the error message always happen at a certain time of day?
- It may be possible to reschedule the backup to avoid times of heavy internet congestion.
- Reach out to Magnus Box support if you are continuing to have issues.