Disaster Recover - Client Device Loss
If the user loses a device, then all that is needed to recover backed-up data, is the following:
- Install a fresh copy of the Magnus Box client software on the new device, using the old device username and password.
- Verify that the new device shows as 'Online' in the admin web interface -> Accounts -> Users -> name -> Devices.
- Perform a 'Restore' function as needed.
- Add the old device's Protected Items to the new device:
- When complete, 'Revoke' the old device-listing in the admin web interface -> Accounts -> Users -> name -> Devices.