Disk Image - Restoring to VirtualBox
Creating a VirtualBox Virtual Machine from a Magnus Box Disk Image Backup
- This backup method requires VirtualBox v6.x if MS Hyper-V is running simultaneously, otherwise earlier versions will work.
Perform restore in Magnus Box to create VMDK disk files
- Note: The restored files will be the same size as the original disk size, so ensure you have enough space in your restore location.
Produces files as shown below
Open VirtualBox and create a new virtual machine
- Select ‘New’ on main screen of VirtualBox as shown below
- Allocate RAM and virtual hard disk space. Use your own preferences for system requirements
Add hard disk
- Open VirtualBox Settings as shown below
- SATA Controller
- Add Hard Disk
- Select the 1 KB “disk.vmdk” file restored earlier (as shown below)
Finalize configuration and Start
- Finalize CPU, RAM, etc.
- Start the VM